Thursday, January 7, 2010

80 Things


Here are 80 things my sister and I love about our grandma Betty on her 80th Birthday.

80. She has never forgot me on my birthday
79. Her soft touch
78. How clean her house always is
77. The easter egg hunts she would put together for my sister and I
76. My summers at her lake house in Nebraska
75. How she would play the organ for me
74. Her gingersnap recipe
73. The small horses she made for me one birthday...she always knew just what I wanted
72. I have never seen her angry or yelling
71. She smells wonderful...not like stinky perfume or just plain soap....she smells like home
70. She would sit and read to me as long as I liked when I was a child
69. She did not judge me one second when I was pregnant out of wedlock
68. When there is a bargain she finds it...when there is a coupon she clips it
67. Her hands...I just love them...they are beautiful
66. How she taught me a bit of sign language
65. Her well rounded opinions that are formed from a life of hard work
64. Steak Diane...I love this tradition she gave to me on Christmas Eve
63. I have never heard her complain
62. She sets aside a time to talk to my mom every Sunday...no matter what
61. She walks different routes through her house to avoid traffic wear on her carpet
60. Her health is important to her
59. So she eats well
58. And walks every night
57. I love her style. She is always neatly dressed and watches the latest fashions
56. At my wedding she seemed to glow...she was so beautiful
55. Feeding the ducks the heal of the loaf of bread off her pack patio in Ventura
54. Trips to the swimming pool in Kansas City
53. She gave me long, warm oatmeal baths when I got the Chicken Pox
52. Her voice....it is like an angel
51. How she would sing along to all the songs in the movie "Scrooge" as we watched it every Christmas
50. $1 table presents
49. Her house is always super clean and very comfortable
48. She drives a HOT car!!!
47. She looks cute when she is cleaning,without even breaking a sweat, making it look so easy
46. She is extremely selfless, and always willing to give up something of hers for someone else
45. She is a HUSKER fan :)
44. Her life story is very interesting, and it is an honor to see the woman she has become on her journey
43. She gave us an AMAZING grandfather growing up, and has yet again brought another amazing gentleman into our family
42. She always smells pretty
41. She dresses cuter than I do
40. She is patient
39. She is kind
38. She is an amazing baker, and always shares her secrets
37. She has a positive outlook on every situation
36. She is a great listener
35. She has the ability to listen and give advice without being judgmental
34. She is very sharp on the facts of history and even current events
33. She has such a detailed memory of conversations, people, events, I am jealous she can remember more of my childhood than I can
32. She gets more gorgeous every year
31. She does not seem to dwell on the past, mistakes or uncertainties
30. She has the ability to really fall in love, even after unimaginable heartache
29. She is very witty
28. Her junk emails are usually really cute, the best junk email kind
27. She has a soft touch to her, and you feel like you could melt into her arms when she hugs you
26. She looks good in shoulder pads (hard to do)
25. She is very hospitable
24. She still knows how to party
23. She is always taking up a new hobby, dancing, weight lifting, book clubs, choirs
22. Everything in her house matches
21. Her house always feels like home, even thought its not my home
20. She has taught us to value family, and to love them unconditionally
19. She loves the Lord with all her heart, mind and soul
18. She is a great traveler
17. She gave us a really fun uncle
16. She is took the time to stitch something special for Hunter when he was born
15. Her house, and mom's, and mine, are full of creations from her sewing machine
14. She loves animals - especially poodles and Siamese cats
13. She cuts out newspaper clippings and mails them to me with a sweet note
12. She prays for me
11. Her computer skills are sharp..which means we email and Skype!
10. She is wise
9. Her money is spent with purpose and planning
8. She protects herself
7. Her family comes first
6. How selfless she is
5. She participates in community events...and is always volunteering
4. She never played favorites with my sister and I
3. She calmed my mom down when she was REALLY mad at us girls
2. She gave us our mother...the most wonderful gift she has given (in my opinion)
1. She intentionally, purposefully, unconditionally and powerfully loves us

We love you Grandma.

No comments: