Monday, May 25, 2009

Walk with Her

I have a dear friend, a sister, that is is hurting. Her heart is swollen in pain and there is nothing I can say or do to fix it, nothing. I pray I can find the right words to encourage her, I pray that she will find justice for the man that has left her in more pain than my heart can handle to watch, I pray that her son is shielded from the pain of the actions of his father, I pray that God uses me to help her find healing.

I have realized that there is one thing I can do besides pray. Walk with her. Eat good food, play with our boys, talk about everything openly and honestly and make new memories that are full of love and laughter. I know that her healing process will be long and full of peaks and valleys. I am ready to go there with her....that is what friends do.

2 comments:

Jill said...

You are such a good friend. I know you would walk with me if I needed you to and I hope you know that I would do that for you too. I miss you. I love you. You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers!

Ericka & Nathan said...

Wow, sounds like your friend is lucky to have you :-) Lots of hugs and kisses. I blessed by you.