Thursday, May 14, 2009

Snap


Have you ever snapped? Well I have done more than my fair share of snapping. Just the other day I was not feeling 100%, no excuses, when Wade called and wanted to chat about on thing or another. I just about ripped his head off for nothing and got of the phone. Two seconds later I realized how I had acted....then all of the thoughts came pouring into my mind....

who am I to act like that to my husband
why do I always treat the people I love the most the worst
do I even have a reason for my behavior
what do I do to adjust my attitude
I need to call Wade back

I rushed back to the phone and dialed Wade. I told him how sorry I was and that there was no excuse for my attitude. He laughed and told me he loved me.

That is what marriage is about. Learning what love looks like, and living your life according to those lessons. What does love look like? For me it is working hard on a project together, solving problems, planning, holding hands, laughing, spending time with our son, walking to the park, sweet surprises, thoughtful cards, honestly and thoughtfully loving all of our family and friends, praying together....and fighting and making up. Fighting is healthy...to a certain degree...lets say bad days and honest disagreements are healthy....lets say making up is VERY healthy:)

1 comment:

Kristin January said...

Nice picture silly!!!

I love you and I love when you SNAP!! You're so emotional and passionate and its AWESOME!!! Something I love so much about you. Is that crazy?!

Remember when you snapped at me and said I couldn't use your pots and pans??