Friday, May 29, 2009

Learning to Use my Camera




My gladiolas are finally breaking out in full bloom. They are a welcomed and long awaited pop of color and life. I had to snap a few pictures of them so I could share with them with you. When the first picture was taken I realized that flash was on and that the camera was set on auto. One of the biggest and best tips I have gotten is that if you cannot take a picture without flash do not take it. I quickly switched the camera over to manual, set the white balance, ISO to auto and F-Stop to 4.8 and turned off the flash. The second picture is the result of this quick change. I was lucky and the next picture came out well...most of the time I have to make a few more adjustments until I get the right settings.

I can see a huge difference in these two pictures and it even further encourages me to tinker with my camera and continue to learn how to take great pictures.

Have fun with your camera and most importantly take lots of pictures!

No comments: