Friday, April 24, 2009

Kiss Me Again

There are only a few kisses in my life that moved me to tears, gave me butterflies and that I will really honestly remember every detail, smell and sound. One of those kisses happened to me this morning.

My mothers kiss was healing. I still remember when I fell down on my bike once. I fell right into one of those bushes that leaves you with paper cuts all over. I went running home and wanted nothing more than my mom to kiss it better.

I remember my first kiss from a boy. It was gross, wet and horrible in every way.

I remember the first kiss after I knew I was in love for the first time. It was all emotion.

I smile as I remember the first time Wade kissed me. He was nervous. It was in the parking lot of the pizza parlor after our 3rd date. It was then I knew he had real potential to be the one.

I am suppose to say my first kiss as a wife to Wade at the alter....and I remember that kiss vividly...but the one I remember more is when Wade and I got to be alone for the first time that night. He kissed me with more love, passion, commitment, honor and trust than ever before.

I remember after I gave birth to Hunter I was an emotional wreck. Wade was my rock. I remember the first time after Hunter was born, and my bump was gone, that Wade held me close and kissed me with true compassion and love unlike I had ever felt.

And this morning I am able to add a new kiss to my list. My baby boy has handed out a few wet kisses before....but non like today. After his morning bottle I put him back to bed while I finished getting ready for work. As I went into his room to say good bye he raised up his arms and wanted to be held. I of course held him for a minute and told him how much I loved him. He then mashed his sweet little face into my check and kissed me. I will always remember this kiss and it is the moments like these that I fall ever deeper into love with my baby boy.

What kisses have built the foundation of love in your life?

No comments: