Thursday, April 2, 2009

He calls me by Name

Since the moment my baby boy was born I have been longing to hear him say "mama". Well of course despite my coaching and bribing he said "dada" months before he said "mama". I remember when he finally clearly spoke my name...it was a feeling of love and honor I have never felt before....then I quickly realized that he had no clue that "mama" was me.

As the thoughts swirled in my mind after this realization I quickly began thinking of God and how he desires me to call upon Him and to call upon him by name. I am learning that this is a way for me to honor God and love God. This world is big and in trouble. However I am grounded on the rock and I know my God by name.

From the moment Hunter said "mama" until now he has begun to understand that I am "mama" and that I love him in an unconditional and powerful way. I am so undeserving of a love this sweet. I look forward to the days to come as he discovers and grows.

My God, I love you. Thank you for this precious son you have given to Wade and I. Use us to teach him, love him and lead him to you. You are my God, my King. I will forever praise you.

No comments: