Monday, March 16, 2009

Up and Down


A whole Saturday afternoon easily disappeared as Monica and I enjoyed time at the mall with the kids! After lunch we took the kids on the carousel! About half way through the ride Hunter reached out and let me know he was done. There is something about this moment that made me feel like a mother....a good mother. He wanted me. He trusted me. I could fix the problem for him. I never want this feeling to stop....never.
I know that I am a mother...there is no doubt that he came from inside my body. However I do not believe that creation and birth made me mother. Unconditional love, sacrifice, selflessness and joy in moments like these is where I have found the right to call myself Hunter's mom. I desperately want to do right by this precious boy and my incredible husband. I think I am on the right track...but there is always more work to be done.
XO

No comments: