Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Packing Time



The almond market has picked up and therefore I have had to pick up the pace in packing! With the market as volatile as it is...I want to be sure that Dan in sales can sell at every good opportunity.
I love almonds.....not to eat or enjoy the taste....but because of the significance this crop has played in my life. Above Nestor is holding the highest quality graded raw almonds in his hands. He is the hardest worker here....by a mile. He is always walking at a brisk pace, he is the first to pick up a broom when there is a mess, he is flexible when the weather or schedule changes, he is always ready to learn, he is never afraid to stop and respectfully question things that do not seem right and he is kind. I have learned many things from Nestor and this picture of his rough, hard working hands holding the fruits of our labor sums it up for me.

1 comment:

Kristin January said...

I love the picture of the almonds. Nice camera work!

I also love almonds, probably more so because of your work, but also because of the health benefits and they're quite tasty :)

Out of all the products that you could be working with in the agriculture industry, its interesting you ended up with Almonds... did you have that in mind when you were in college, or what was your ideal product to be working with??