Thursday, January 15, 2009

Lessons Learned on the job

After college I was an average computer user. My real world job gave me the opportunity to learn about networks, servers and data bases! So here is glimpse into the high tech side of my job.... Managing all of this.....



Plus the 20 computers, 10 printers, 20 wireless access points, 6 hand held bar code scanners and more spread out on 53 acre campus. I have really enjoyed working with computers! I have been constantly challenged to learn something new. There are days when I am faced with HUGE issues with email not working, connections being down and computers that are frozen. Each failure of equipment has been a lesson for me to learn. The more that goes wrong the more I learn. Recently I have been constantly picking Wade's brain to expand my computer knowledge. If only I could get ahead and be prepared so that we avoid downtime. Getting ahead and being prepared is new goal for me, and not only with computer but with my entire life!

PS. If you ever need help with your computer you should not call me.....Call my husband! He is still 100x more computer savvy than I am!!
-- Post From My iPhone

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the "PS"... :)