Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Back to Work

This Christmas break was a real treat! I was off work for 10 days!! Now I am back into the swing of things and that includes regular posts on my blog! I know you all have missed hearing from me....well at least I know my mom misses the daily pictures and updates.

Wade and I took pictures with Hunter in a almond orchard when he was 6 weeks old and I finally put one of the pictures up in my office. The second I proudly set it up on my desk I realized what a HUGE part of my life is about almonds. This January I have been working in the almond industry for 4 years!! I still remember my first interview at Pacific Almond...I showed up in heals and a skirt to a dirty, dusty almond processing plant. The interview went really well and on my way out I was feeling good about things and daydreaming about my future when my heal slipped and I landed on the ground. I still laugh remembering that moment...it was almost a reminder that I need to stay humble. I was staying at Ericka's place in SLO a few days after the interview and that is when I got the call offering me the job!!! I ran around screaming and she was right there beside me...as she has been at most big moments in my life these past years!

At Pacific Almond I learned more about almonds and running a processing plant that I ever dreamed!! I loved so many things, learned hard lessons and made strong connections to people. Through those connections I was offered a job at Monte Vista Farming in Turlock....and through this job I have met the love of my life. The move closed a chapter and opened a new beautiful day!!!!! My job is hard and beyond demanding, but I love it. There is something raw and humbling about agriculture that has always tugged at my heart. I get to be a part of putting food on the table for not only my family, but the world.

In the coming days I am going to highlight what I love about my job and showing you all what I spend my days doing. I look forward to sharing this part of my life!

No comments: