Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Winter is here!



Hunter got to meet Lainey! She is beautiful and still so tiny, especially next to Hunter!

The weather here has been cold and foggy. Winter is obviously here and I am glad! I love each season. Winter brings warm fires, Christmas celebrations and rain. We are in need of lots of rain to build back up our water supply so all the crops can be watered this next summer. There has been a BIG buzz about the inherent drought and the affects that will have on the almond trees and almond market. I would hate to see farmers loose their trees because there was not enough water. Lord, can we please have a wet winter in California?

Hunter has been under the weather lately and I thought it was a cold....but Dr. De La Cruz thinks it is a mild case of acid reflux and not a cold. Obviously Hunter does not have any trouble eating as he weighed in at 20 lb and 6oz, he just sounds congested more often then not. We are trying a new medicine called Axid, everything I have read looks good for infants. It has already made a huge improvement with his congestion.

Wade and I are beginning to get into the swing of the holidays. This weekend we will put up the lights and I will hopefully have the Christmas Cards ready to mail out! We need to trim the tree sometime this week. I have always enjoyed Christmas, but this year feels different. I so desperately want Hunter to understand the power and purpose of the birth of Christ...I want this holiday to be about celebrating Jesus. I am praying and beginning to discover new ways to celebrate the birth of Christ this Christmas. If you have any ideas, let me know!!

Love you.

No comments: