Thursday, December 25, 2008

Family Traditions





There are literally billions of things that I love about being a mother, but one of my top 10 is being able to share what I love about life with my son. Wade and I both come from AMAZING families and we both had our own holiday traditions. This Christmas we got to choose what would be our family traditions. 

Steak Diane is a meal that I have eaten every Christmas eve. We cook the meal at the table with a chafing dish! Not only is this meal an adventure but it takes awhile. I LOVE that we sit around the table for hours talking about the year, about Christ and about anything and everything else. This year was moving for me because I watched my father begin cooking the meal and Wade finish. That dinner was the testament of my year...I am with Wade now. He is my provider, my lover and my man! To watch him not only participate but to play an active roll in one of my (now our) family traditions was more than heart warming, it was moving.

My husband is not the most outgoing person, he is the genius behind the scenes.  When he shared with me a few weeks ago that one of his most precious family traditions at Christmas time was to have Santa visit of Christmas eve, I laughed. But he was serious, he bought the suit and played the part right down to the stuffed belly!  We surprised my parents and grandparents with a visit from Santa. Hunter enjoyed his first visit from Santa too, he could not keep his hands off  Santa's beard. I know that in the years to come as Santa visits every year and I collect pictures that these moments will ALWAYS bring me back to the center of life.....LOVE. 

It all comes down to LOVE. The love of Christ. The love of family and friends. The love between husband and wife. The love you have for your children. Love.

No comments: