Monday, December 22, 2008

Getting Ready

Is it Christmas yet? I am ready to enjoy my family, relax, eat good food and take a million pictures so we never forget Hunter's first Christmas.

The past few days have been busy, but good! We got all of our shopping done and the house is almost ready for my parents and grandparents to come for a visit. I put flannel sheets on the beds, stocked the fridge with yummy foods, filled up the wine rack and have decorated every part of the house with a Christmas something. We have a few last minute details that will come together today and tomorrow and then everyone will be here!!

Wade and I bought a few early Xmas gifts and have already opened them....my favorite is a new camera to take all the detailed pictures I want of my boys. Wade got a new HDTV and surround sound and has been enjoying the hockey games like never before! This past year has been packed full of blessings and this Christmas and New Years will be the PERFECT celebration to recognize all that we have been given.

It has been raining here the past few days and wet weather is not ideal for hulling and shelling almonds. The dirt and mud have got us stuck a bit, but the sun is shinning today and hopefully it will dry out enough to let us run a few more stockpiles before the holiday break. This almond harvest has been unpredictable and has kept me on my toes. I will be thankful when the last nut is cracked out and we can hang up our coats until another year, so I better get back to working!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes you better get back to work...or should I say get crackin' hahaahha

I know I know I will be here all week!