Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Revival Day 1

It has been very cold here the past few days. This morning the Saturn had ice on the windows. Seeing as how I have never owned an ice scraper, I pulled out my Costco card and chipped away at the ice! The heater got going and all the ice melted away, however my heart could still use some warming this morning.

One of my co-workers walked into my office a minute ago and asked what was wrong because I looked sick. First, I was always taught it was rude to say someone looked anything but beautiful...doesn't it just make them feel worse? Ask how they are doing and feeling and not tell them they look awful. My reaction was sharp and I was hurt...but then I could hear my mother telling me to put on a little lipstick and it will all be fine....perhaps that is the answer.

I am at battle with my emotions and I cannot figure out why. I am quick to anger, slow to allow a smile to cross my face and I am holding on to more grudges than my arms can carry. I am tired, not feeling well and ready for some time off to just sit and enjoy my husband and son. I need a revival!! JESUS is COMING RENEE...get ready! Things need to change and it starts with me making a choice to change. This life is not about me, I know that but now how do I begin to live that out? Everyday I am going to redirect my energy to something that is good and of God....perhaps then I can began the warming of my heart.

Lets start with my husband. He is good, he is more than good he is great. He is alive and in love with me. He is a provider, a good father to our son and my lover. I am lucky to have him and to have today to be with him. I am not going to take today for granted....I am going to be sure he knows I love him and I am going to let him love me. See now I am smiling...this was a good start.

3 comments:

Renee Little said...

I love you!!

Jill said...

I miss you and love you! I was just telling a friend of mine how you have been such a great example to me of recognizing that life is about embracing change and growth. How you are able to recognize that we are all works in progress and you are so great at meeting people where they are. Love you bunches!

Kristin January said...

Your house looks so beautiful, and I bet you look beautiful too!! Its our favorite time of year... i can't wait to see you very soon :)

Hang in there mama... you're doing great. You are soooo AMAZING!!! Never forget that.