Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Sheer Joy

My Mom and Dad came into town this weekend! On Saturday night we attended an annual Christian College fundraising dinner in Sacremento. This dinner not only was a powerful reminder of how God is at work in students lives at Willium Jessup, but of how God is alive in my life. Exactly one year ago I introduced Wade to my parents and to my unborn son! That was a VERY challenging weekend, but I have once again seen that when there is a great challenge there is great opportunity for God to work.

Once in awhile I hear people cast down judgement upon women that have children out of wedlock...for a quick second I puff up in defense...then God breaks me. He has taught me that each and every person has their own story and their own trials. I am forgiven and I have been blessed beyond my wildest imagination through Wade and Hunter. I look forward to sharing my heart and the joy I have found in my mistakes with the people I encounter...becuase I have learned it is not the mistake that defines you, it is what you do about it.

Thanks Mom and Dad for everything you have done this past year for Wade, Hunter and I. You have stood beside us, loved us and encouraged us. Your visits are never often enough. I love you more today than ever. Here are a few fun pictures of Grandma and Grandpa with Hunter.













No comments: