Monday, November 10, 2008

The Cabin


I Love Yosemite!

When Hunter turned 3 months I went back to work...and right into Harvest. This past weekend was the first time Wade, Hunter and I have been together for more than 24 hours. What a treat!!



We got to Yosemite Friday night and just in time for steak dinner. Saturday we ate our traditional breakfast burritos and headed into the park. The valley floor was full of color. A few of the falls were still running and what a sight they were. The air was crisp and cold. The combination of sights and sounds were beautiful beyond words. It was food for my soul.






This was the first time that Wade had the chance to really spend time with my group of friends from college. He enjoyed seeing Nathan and Hunter together!




Saturday night we lit a bon fire and allowed the heat to warm our cold toes. Ericka encountered a few bugs on her way down to melt her chocolate...BIG bugs! I laughed harder than I had in a long time watching her run from these bugs!



My favorite part of the evening was playing catch phrase. We would break out in contagious laughter over and over. It was like I was back in college and we were all living next door again.
Every night was full of these moments. Now we are all becoming adults. Falling in love, getting married, having children....the best part is that we still get a chance to get together to celebrate life together. One popular quote has become a truth in my life and that is "You are who you hang out" I am kinder, smarter and a better person inside and out because of these people. Thanks Skye, KMoney, Sis, Ken, Ericka, Sam, Nathan, Wade and Hunter!! You all have been put into my life with such purpose from the Lord. You are a gift to me and I treasure each of you.



This cabin and these moments will forever be ingrained in my heart. It will be the last trip to the cabin ever, and I have tears running down my face as I type these words. The cabin was sold with the land around it and new chapters of life and living have been planned for the Smith family. Thank you Allan and Joan for sharing your special spot with us! Hunter will forever hear about this cabin and this monumental trip to "the cabin".



No comments: