Friday, March 12, 2010

Time Away

I have always been the type to just toss a bag in the car and take off for a weekend adventure.
When Laredo was a pup we would hop on planes, travel in cars and crash at friends places. After Hunter made his debut I still got out for weekend very often....now my little man walks, has his own idea of what he wants to do and does not sit still. Traveling has become very complicated.

There are somedays I feel like complicated is bad and others I think complicated is beautiful. Seeing Hunter eyes explorer a new park and watching a huge smile creep onto his face, feeling him grab my hand and say "hurry mommy!" over and over until i picked up my feet, and holding him as he falls asleep after a long adventure filled day makes the 1200 pieces of luggage, while traveling WORTH IT! That is when complicated becomes beautiful.

Our weekend away in San Fran was perfect. Just an hours car ride, time with my parents, a to die for place to stay, perfect weather and a little adventure all made it a memorable weekend. And as always it is great to be home.

No comments: