Monday, October 26, 2009

I am Thankful Everyday


Todays marks one month until Thanksgiving! I thought since I could never address all the things I am thankful for in one post....I would spend a month doing it! For all of you that want a daily post...well your wish is coming true this month...be thankful (haha).

Last night I started working on some Christmas presents and I was trying to edit this picture. The original was over exposed and almost yellow in color the white balance was so far off. It was so horrible I will not even show you the original. I took the picture months ago just after I got my new camera...and I obviously did not know how to use all of the high tech functions...But you know what I did get right?

I saw the raw, powerful potential of this picture. See her smile. See how she holds him close. I caught a picture of her heart in that moment and I thankfully get to save it forever.



Today,

I am thankful for photoshop... because without it this picture would have been worthless.

I am also thankful for a camera that can capture the love my mom has for my son.

More than anything...I am grateful for every day she spends with him and every ounce of love she pours into him.

1 comment:

Gramma Julie said...

I'm thankful that I have not had to work this last year and have been able to visit the "Little man" so often.