Saturday, September 26, 2009

What goes around comes around

There is something so simple about roses that flat out lighten my load and make me feel at peace. When my kitchen table has a vase full of roses all is right in my world.

My mom was here to visit last week and normally I try and do a few special things around the house to welcome her...clean sheets, towels, flowers, put up pictures of her and Hunter, stock the fridge with fresh berries and make sure her favorite soap is in the bathroom...but this past visit I was under water with Harvest and I just barely got out clean linens. Then my mom surprised me with roses and put up pictures of her, dad and Hunter....I could have cried.

Not because I was sad or overwhelmed...but because she knew just how to love me in that moment....how great is the love between a mother and her child.

No comments: