Tuesday, November 9, 2010

RESPECT

Today President Bush was on Oprah. I never watch Oprah....no real reason but I do not always agree with her point of view. She is generous and for that I am grateful to her. Today I enjoyed hearing Bush reflect on his Presidency and the BIG decisions he made. I agree with him...with so many things from his faith in God to his devotion to family to his choice to go to war to many of his philosophies on standing firm to your own principles. I have an abundance of respect for him as a man and as a President. President Obama is not someone that I agree with or always like but I respect him. He is our leader and I will respect and follow. 

It makes my stomach turn to hear other people throw punches at our Presidents. To question is one thing but what I hear and read is not questioning or respectfully disagreeing. What I see is rude, tearing, ugly, hateful and flat out evil comments. It is that motive and heart of disrespect that is tearing our country apart.

We need to be respectful, watchful of our tongues and united. We need to get business done together as American people. It really is simple...take turns. You go and then I. 

No comments: