Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Just Thinking

I stand in awe of how God created our bodies to work and how little we truly understand about them. We have great doctors and have made incredible progress in modern medicine. We find new cures for deadly  diseases every day.  Drastic diet trends seem to pop up every January leading us to what we believe is a healthier way...a way to live longer and stronger. Yet I still think we are still light years away from really grasping just how wonderfully made we are.

As I reflect on the past 6 weeks since Colt has been born I cannot keep my mind off of my body. I am consumed with fear that it will fail me. My deathly high blood pressure readings kept me trapped in the hospital for weeks....and even though I am a free bird walking around my house this morning....I still feel just as trapped.

I need to stop worrying and start trusting. The reality is that I do not need to understand how much pressure each vein in my body can withstand before bursting...or what really holds them together...or what million things I can do to change the reading on the  machine. I need to start trusting that the ONE who made me did it wonderfully and perfectly. That I have every tool I need. HE created my body to carry my precious son and it did.

Every time the nurse would come in my room to take my blood pressure I could feel a knot wind up inside my body and it has only gotten tighter overt time. I need to unwind that knot. At first I thought a long walk or a good sleep could cure me...but it has not worked. What I long for, Peace and healing, they are only found in one place. In the living Word of God and oh how my soul longs for those precious words.

"Heal me O Lord and I will be healed, save me and I will be saved, for thou art my praise."  Jer 17:4

No comments: