Friday, April 16, 2010

I QUIT

I never have been much of a quitter....or at least I have tried to stick things out, give it my all. I have worked many jobs this far in life...childcare, waitress, vet hospital and almonds. Every past change of job has resulted from moving onto the next stage of my life...and now I get to make the change once more.

As of April 23rd I will no longer be Renee - wife, mother, full time operations director of a demanding almond packing facility. I will be Renee - 100% DEVOTED wife and mother. Wade and I have planned and prepared for this day. We have endlessly prayed. Now the time has come and I cannot wait. I wish Hunter understood right now what was going on....I just know he would jump up and down! He will know someday that Mommy and Daddy choose to put our family first, and that we did it ethically through hard work and planning. No short cuts. We paid off debt and reduced our spending in order to walk away from my salary.

I know that this is one of the best choices I will ever make in my life. I know the consequences of not having a plush budget and I also know the rewards of being home to raise our son. This is the right choice.

Quitting was HARD. I wrote a letter and sat across a large conference room table from the owner and just poured my heart out.... because that is how I roll. He took the news better than I had hoped! We are now 3 weeks into a 4 week phase out. I want to leave this place better than when I came. I want people to remember me fondly and with respect..... NOT as a lame duck.

Thanks Wade for being on the same page with me...for making this happen. For the rest of my life I will treasure these days to come. I am overflowing with love and respect for you.

No comments: