Friday, July 18, 2008

More


Friday July 18, 2008

More.....a concept I have grown accustom to these days. Hunter wants MORE food, I need MORE sleep, the house needs MORE cleaning, my husband would like MORE attention and so on. Then suddenly as we reach the sixth week of Hunter’s life things have changed. Hunter slept 8 hours!! Wade and I got to take the Harley out for a ride. I even got to have an extra tall margarita to celebrate the last few weeks.
The past six weeks have taught me not only that more is required of me now that I am a mother, it has taught me how much more I am capable of. I never knew that my heart could produce this much love. As I watch my husband hold my son I am overcome with MORE love than I ever knew my little heart could produce. As I hear my dad talk about his grandson, his long awaited boy, my eyes swell with tears. The best is watching my mom. I do not have any memories of my mother when I was Hunter’s age, so getting to watch her stare at him for hours and comment at his ever movement and sound is a glimpse at how she has loved me. Motherhood is MORE than I ever could have dreamed it would be.
We are planning to take Hunter on his first adventure to Canada in August! Wade’s family has loved and embraced me from day one. I know that the distance between us and them must be agonizing. We are going to soak up as much as we can of them. I cannot wait to see Neil’s face as he holds his little grandson that carries his name. I know that Sherry will cry and that her tears of love and pride for her son and grandson will be a small glimpse into my own future as I raise my son and imagine him with is first child. I love these Canadians MORE every day.
If you are reading this We LOVE you. XO Renee

No comments: