Friday, February 5, 2010

Twisted


There are many times in a day that my thoughts get so twisted. I become caught up in this world, my feelings, my failures, my dreams that are not nearly accomplished and just how plain tired I am. I let these thoughts circle in my mind. I fester and worry. Doubt overcomes me. The devil has my attention.

Then in one quick second I am reminded of how loved I am. I see a picture of my son. My husband calls. My grandma sends me a quick love note over email. I notice the scripture posted on my desk at work. A smile from a coworker. I see something that resembles a cross. That is all it takes and I am back to believing that I am unstoppable. Then Christ has my attention.

I want to be that for other people.....that pick that breaks the ice, that flame that starts a fire, that gentle reminder that you can just turn off all the bad thoughts....and keep moving...because we can....because our debt is paid....

The truth is I am twisted....just like this old oak tree...but with every twist I learn and grow...I become wiser, stronger, faster and more prepared for what is next. It is in the twists that my strength lies....it is there that my beauty comes from. I want other people to know that..to feel that....to believe that.

No comments: