Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Get a Babysitter!




Date night was amazing! Wade and I dropped off our little man with Rochelle's two girls. We really trust this family! We went to my favorite spot for dinner....Olive Garden! We enjoyed uninterrupted conversation, wow what a treat the simplest of things are. We thought we would catch a movie too and since it is Halloween time we choose a scary movie Saw V. We both enjoy a good scary movie and this one made out stomachs turn! I have to tell you though....what made our stomachs turn more than the blood and guts in the movie was that once the movie was over and the lights went up there was several small children!! Can you believe that parents would ever bring their small children into this type of movie. I cannot control other people choices, but I can control my own and Hunter will not be joining Wade and I into the movie theater to see anything else but Disney movies! Come on parents that is what babysitters, date nights and DVD's after bedtime are for....


On Sunday night the Lim Family came over and we carved pumpkins! We had so much fun scooping out the slimy guts and letting Hunter run his fingers through it. The best part is when you get to put a candle inside the pumpkin and see how it lights up. It was fun to watch our engineers Monica and Wade take a mathematical approach to carving their pumpkins...and of course they came out as state fair winners.


This week our good friend Justin is in town! He is so much fun to have around! I wish I had more energy in the evenings after work so I could stay up and chat with Wade and Justin....but my early morning alarm clock drives my bedtime.


One of my dear friends Amanda is ready to give birth to her baby girl, Lainey, any moment. She is 41 weeks pregnant!! I only made 36 and was uncomfortable then... I cannot imagine how ready she is to see her little girl. We are praying for a smooth and safe delivery!


1 comment:

Jill said...

Sounds like you guys had a great weekend! I remember that dinner in Sacramento, that was when I first met Wade too-- hard to believe that was a year ago! Miss you guys!